Stress and Coping with the COVID-19 Outbreak
As we get further into this outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), many of us are dealing with fear and anxiety. The uncertainty of such an outbreak can be overwhelming and illicit a strong emotional response. Successfully coping with stress, whether from fears and anxiety or from being home-bound, will make you, the people you care about, and your community, stronger.
Common Signs of Stress
How you respond largely depends on your background and emotional support system.
- Fear and worry about your own and your loved ones' health
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Changes in eating patterns
- Worsening symptoms of chronic health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
Things You Can Do To Support Yourself
- Take an Information Break: Although accurate information reduces stress, too much information can increase it. Find a balance; decide on a time budget and stick to it. If you are having trouble relaxing, try some calming essential oils like Lavender, Basil, Bergamot, Chamomile, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang or Sage. In addition, you can try our Full-Spectrum CBD Relax blend.
- Focus On Your Physical Well-Being: Focused breathing can help lower heart rate and calm the mind, while slow stretching can elongate the body and release muscle tension. If you find it difficult to stretch due to pain, try rubbing in some of our olive based Hand and Body Lotion or our Full Spectrum CBD Menthol Cream to relax tight muscles.
- Eat Regular and Well-Balanced Meals: Good nutrition can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. At times like this, we all want to reach for comfort foods. In moderation this can have a temporarily calming effect, however it is better to treat your body to fruits and vegetables which will help fuel the body to fight the effects of prolonged stress.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: Sleep plays a critical role in immune function and reduces the production of stress hormones in your body. Some natural sleep aids can help like Sweet Marjoram, Chamomile, Peppermint, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Rose, Geranium, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood, Citrus, Bergamot, and Vanilla, or try our Full Spectrum CBD Blend Restful Sleep.
- Make Time for Recreation: We all know the saying "all work and no play...". These wise words are important especially when confined to your home. Schedule a balanced block of time every day to spend doing activities you enjoy. Just try to limit screen time as there are studies that suggest too much can create more stress.
- Physical Distancing, Not Social: Take time to stay in contact with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Use video conferencing to have social gatherings or just pick up the telephone and make a call. Study after study has shown that social interaction is a must for healthy living, so reach out and talk to your friends and loved ones.
|Space||SP|| Still Want More?|
We understand, we love talking about how to use natural essential oils, or CBD products to support your true self, so keep checking back and we will be updating this page with more helpful tips. Or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!